Palm City is a census-designated place (CDP) in Martin County, Florida, United States. The population was 20,097 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Port St. Lucie Metropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 16.6 square miles (43 km2), of which, 14.6 square miles (38 km2) of it is land and 2.0 square miles (5.2 km2) of it (11.76%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 20,097 people, 8,458 households, and 6,301 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,373.4 people per square mile (530.4/km²).
The median income for a household in the CDP was $62,362, and the median income for a family was $69,688 (these figures had risen to $67,546 and $84,000 respectively as of a 2007 estimate). The per capita income for the CDP was $35,213.
• Eugene Stoner - Designer of the M16 rifle and AR-15 rifle
• Scott Proctor - MLB pitcher
• Bob Crandall - Former President and CEO of American Airlines and Chairman of AMRdd
• Emily Giffin - Former writer. She wrote "Something borrowed", which will be released as a movie in summer 2011.
• Matthew Kirschenbaum - Microsoft Certified System Engineer MCSE , Cisco Certified System Administrator CCNA and former MIT Professor
• A.J. Fejzuli - Microsoft Certified Application Specialist MCAS and Composer